Thursday, November 11, 2010

Zotero

I have been using Zotero for over a week now thanks to someone in my 618 Music Bibliography class. For our final project, we must write a bibliographic essay. In library talk, it is a glorified pathfinder without in-text citations and including direct quotes from the sources. It also includes a narrative that guides the reader through the sources in such a way that they arrive at your conclusion.

Because of the bibliographic nature of this essay, I was pulling my hair out to enter and keep track of all of my sources. Fortuantely, one of my class members recommended Zotero and I am so glad he did. Zotero is pretty much writing the essay for me. It saves all the citation information and can export it in any format you choose. It can also insert direct quotations. In fact, I uninstalled EndNote (which I find to be cumbersome) because I enjoy Zotero so much!

You can access my Zotero library here!

No comments:

Post a Comment