Monday, November 8, 2010

Technorati

Technorati was extremely helpful to me in the finding RSS feeds exercise. As I began to explore it more, I realized that it is very useful as a starting place to look for blogs. It was interesting and somewhat peculiar to read about how people can index their blogs to be found by Technorati. I have absolutely no interest in doing this. I currently have multiple other blogs (which are public) that are not indexed by any search engines. To me, it takes away a significant privacy factor. Yes, anyone would be able to access my blog if they possessed the URL. One would never be able to find the URL, though, via any search engine or keyword searching. Whenever the user sets up a blog, there is a usually a box to uncheck saying "Allow search engines to index my blog." Again, it all depends on the user and their particular needs.

The top 100 blogs search on Technorati was a nice feature. I would like to subscribe to many of those through my Google Reader account.

No comments:

Post a Comment