Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Google Docs

I always love using Google Docs. It simplifies life. A lot. Not only is this set of applications associated with my Gmail (which I primarily use), but it is easy to access from any computer. For instance, many of the computers in Lockwood and the Cybrarys only contain .pdf software (I'm thinking specifically about the computers by the print stations). Unless my document is already saved in a .pdf format, I would not be able to use these computers to print. If my document is saved in GoogleDocs, however, I can export it to a .pdf or print right from the application.

For this exercise, I decided to explore other document formats instead of the regular "blank document" that i use often. I firstly explored the spreadsheet template. This was much easier to use than Microsoft Excel but lacked many of the advanced features that Excel has. I also explored the "presentation" and "drawing" formats and found each of them to be very user-friendly. GoogleDocs are perfect for the casual user who wants to share and have 24-7 access to their documents. In libraries, GoogleDocs are often used by staff for scheduling.

No comments:

Post a Comment