Thursday, November 11, 2010

Finale

This marks my last posting for the 23 Things Assignment. I decided to paste the questions from the assignment to answer.


What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

I really enjoyed the Audiobooks Site. I will definitely use that in the future. Also, the out-of-print Biblio site was a wonderful tool to find obscure books.


How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I definitely learned some things I hadn't before. I feel that I will be knowledgable about more Web 2.0 technologies to assist patrons and staff members with implementing them.


Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

Not really.


What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

Firstly, I think the program would be better off suited to the needs of a librarian. Yes, I love learning about new software and applications! Who doesn't? But given that this is a required class for a library degree, I would have benefited from a larger emphasis on softwares that are entirely relevant as a librarian. Also, I would remove YouTube and Flickr. If possible, I would concentrate on obscure technologies that not everyone knows to make this assignment more worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment