Thursday, November 11, 2010

Discovering Web 2.0 tools

I chose to look at biblio.com for this exercise. I am a huge out-of-print book person. Most of it isn't my fault, though. Many books that I enjoy reading are long forgotten and are out of print. Usually I use ILL to request them (or if I have some extra cash will turn to amazon.com or abebooks.com to buy them). Biblio.com seems to be a better version of Amazon and ABEBOOKS. I searched for numerous OOP titles and found all of them at reasonable prices (lower than amazon.com, even!). The site interface is very user-friendly and is easy to search for the book you're looking for. You can also browse by subject or by lists complied by biblio.com. I can definitely see why this tool won a Web 2.0 award. I attribute this to its easy-to-use interface and extensive library of books. I will definitely refer to this website in the future for my obscure needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment