Sunday, November 7, 2010

RSS Feeds

RSS Feeds are a wonderful way to save yourself lots of work. I use them all the time to keep myself updated with my friends' blogs and news websites I frequent. I had never used Google Reader before. Instead, when subscribing to RSS feeds, I would bookmark them on my browser and do the search that way. I was very happy with Google Reader because it's much more convenient to have all of the feeds go to one place instead of manually looking at each bookmark.

This technology could be very useful if implemented into a library setting. Some libraries, such as the UB Music Library, already have options on their blogs to subscribe via RSS feeds. The reason this technology is wonderful is because it saves a lot of work. A user is more likely to read new library news in their Google Reader than to solely keep it on your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment